We decided to closely study the millennial generation, which will soon make up the largest proportion of our society and workforce. We asked ourselves, “If ‘everybody is a star’, where are the stars of this generation?” We found that the millennial generation views their world more deeply, accurately, and sharply than any generation before them despite the immense pressure they face.
With support from the Circle Foundation, we conducted in-depth interviews with millennials for about 4 months starting from August 2016. Interviews were both online and in-person and were centered around these questions:
- What experiences (both positive and negative) and worries do millennials have?
- How do millennials participate in today’s society?
- What kind of support do millennials need to work better?
- What societal changes do they expect in the future?
- How do we prepare for this societal change?